Main menu:


Login

Username

Password

Remember me

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

Feeds

Site search


June 2016
M T W T F S S
« Mar   Jul »
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930  

Categories

Broken logsearch has been fixed


Posted: June 18th, 2016 under Homepage.

I just noticed today that my logsearch seemed to be broken. I don’t know when that happened, but I think it was because of the upgrade to PHP 7 on this page. I don’t remember when I switched over. Anyway, I’ve been meaning to rewrite the logsearch for a long time. I never got around to it until today. The logsearch was something I wrote several years ago. That was before I really knew too much about programming, and most of it was hacked together code from some search script I found on the web.

Today it got a major rewrite. It really needed it. While doing it, I found out that some functions were deprecated. I think that was why it was broken. The search still uses text-files, but that will change as soon as I rewrite it to use MySQL instead. For now I refactored and rewrote most of the code.

The search is a plugin for WordPress. It’s pretty basic and crude, but it does what I want it to do. I’m not sure if I want to release it or not, but we’ll see. It needs to be rewritten for MySQL and it needs a lot more polishing. Only time will tell.



Comments: No comment yet, you could be the first