Main menu:


Login

Username

Password

Remember me

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

Feeds

Site search


March 2016
M T W T F S S
« Feb   Jun »
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031  

Categories

3 new ones worked with K5P, VP8STI and VP8SGI


Posted: March 4th, 2016 under DX, Dxpedition, Hamradio, Soundclips.

vp8sgi_vp8sti When I look back, I see that my last radio report was 3 months ago. One of the reasons is that I didn’t work any contacts at all in December. And the first contact this year, wasn’t until January 18th.

I have also done a lot of stuff that hasn’t directly been related to radio. I did also change the look of this website a little bit. Most of you will probably not notice, because they are minor tweaks. I’ve been thinking about changing the look of the website for a long time, but I have never gotten around to it. The theme I’m using is quite old, and it is not responsive (scaling according to screen size) at all. I use a plugin to display a mobile version for those visiting with a smartphone. Time will tell if I ever get around to it. I also changed the look for Distplot and KMLmaker. I like the look much more now, and I have also fixed some bugs in the code.

Now it’s radio report time.

January 18th was a nice day with K5P in the log on 30M CW. That was an all time new one for me. The signal from them were not very good at all. They were using vertical antennas placed too far from the sea. With my vertical, it was quite a challenge. Geomagnetic activity didn’t help very much either, as the great circle path is 352 degrees from me, and crosses the aurorazone.

January 19th gave me ET7L on 15M RTTY. That was a new one on RTTY, and will also be a new one on LoTW for me. VP8STI was worked on 30M CW for my second all time new one this year. I missed the expedition back in 2002, so it was nice to get this one in the log. However, I did work VP8THU as JW8AJA in January 2002. That was the only DXCC I had from JW that I didn’t have from home.

On January 21st, I worked VP8STI on 40M CW for a new one on 40M.

On January 24th, I worked VE7ACN/7 on 20M CW from NA-091 for a new iota.

On January 30th, I worked VP8SGI on 17M CW for my third all time new one in 2016.

On February 1st, I worked ET7L on 12M CW. VP8SGI was worked on 12M CW for a new one on 12M.

On February 2nd, I worked VP8SGI on 40M CW for a new one on 40M.

On February 3rd, I worked VP8SGI on 30M CW for a new one on 30M.

On February 4th, I worked VP8SGI on 20M CW for a new one on 30M.

On February 14th I worked 7P8C on 12M, 15M and 30M CW. It was a new one on 15M for me. N0J (= KH0) was worked on 30M CW. CE0Y/W7YAQ was worked on 12M CW for a new one on 12M.

On February 15th, I worked C5DX on 10M CW. I didn’t realize it until the confirmation came on LoTW, but they were operating from iota AF-060. That meant a new iota in the log for me. 7P8C was worked on 10M CW for a new one on 10M. XW1IC was worked on 12M CW for a new one on 12M.

On February 17th, I worked PJ2/W9VA on 30M CW for a new one on 30M.

On February 25th, I worked 3XY1T on 15M CW from iota AF-051. That was a new one on 15M and a new iota for me.

Recordings:



Comments: No comment yet, you could be the first