3 new iota’s and 1 new on CW worked
Posted: December 16th, 2014 under DX, Hamradio, Iota, Soundclips.
On October 31st I worked W1AW/7 in WY on 20M and 17M CW. That was the last state I needed on CW for LoTW.
On November 1st I worked W1AW/7 on 12M and 15M CW. I think the 15M qso must be busted since the three others showed up on LoTW.
On November 2nd I worked HH2/PY3SB on 10M CW for a new one on 10M.
On November 4th I worked FT4TA on 30M CW from Tromelin. That was a new one on CW and 30M. That was also my only qso with this expedition. The pile-up’s were BIG, the split was even bigger and the lids were all over the place. I just didn’t feel like wasting hours and hours in the pile-up. The qso I made, was worked in just a few calls. I was there before he was spotted on the cluster, and quickly found the split.
On November 6th I worked VU4CB on 15M CW from AS-033 for a new iota. The pile-up wasn’t big and I worked him quickly. I guess most people were chasing FT4TA down the band.
On December 4th I worked S01WS on 10M CW for a new one on 10M. A63DI was worked on 30M from AS-021 for a new iota.
On December 9th, I was alerted that KC4USV was on 20M CW from iota AN-011. I tuned in and he was there with a fluttery signal. The pile-up wasn’t too big, so I got him after a few calls for a new iota.
On December 10th, I worked J6/SM7EQL on 10M CW.
On December 11th, I worked S01WS on 12M CW for a new one on 12M.
On December 13th, I worked S01WS on 80M CW early in the morning. I later read that they put up a dipole on December 10th. I was quite lucky for, and it was a new one on 80M. A few hours later, I got S01WS on 15M SSB for a new one on 15M.
- FT4TA 12M CW – too big pile
- FT4TA 30M CW – nice signal, only qso
- 9M2AX 80M CW – he had too much qrn
- VQ9XR 80M CW – he had too much qrn
- S01WS 80M CW – new one on 80
- KC4USV 20M CW – iota an-011, new iota for me
Comments: No comment yet, you could be the first